- The most important reason is that it is a federal law to have one. You may also need to include a GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) provision as well as you could be breaking international law since your website can be accessed from other parts of the world. Keep in mind that privacy laws differ from province to province, even state to state.
What should be included?
- Information your business collects
- How your business uses this information
- Types of data you collect: Personal, Financial, Derivative, etc.
- Disclosing your information to others such as third-parties and advertising.
- Tracking Technologies
- Google Analytics
- Contact a lawyer to draft one up, specific to you and your business. (Recommended)
- You can research and construct your own.
- Purchase a template. There are many options for pre-made basic templates that can be purchased and customized. Here is one option from The Contract Shop.